McCann FitzGerald is a premier corporate law firm, employing over 600 people. They provide the highest quality legal advice and representation to Irish and overseas clients. Their clients are principally in the corporate, financial and business sectors and they also advise government entities and many state bodies, pension funds, and educational institutions.
McCann FitzGerald’s Construction Group is one of the largest specialist practices in Ireland, encompassing both commercial and contentious expertise. They have advised leading public and private sector clients on a wide variety of projects ranging from construction schemes to highly technical engineering projects that often have a strong project finance element.
Recognised by clients and peers as a market leader, our team provides expert advice through every stage of the construction cycle from procurement strategy, contract structures and negotiation of construction contracts through to professional appointments, PFI/PPP project agreements and development/funding arrangements.
In addition, they deliver proactive advice on risk management, problem solving and all forms of dispute resolution. McCann FitzGerald's Construction Group is currently recruiting for an Associate to join its team.
Advising clients on the full spectrum of construction activities from the initial drafting and negotiation of contracts, mid-stream construction advice through to final resolution of disputes post-construction, which include:
- Procurement strategy including EU procurement issues;
- Contract structures and drafting;
- Drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, professional appointments, bonds, guarantees, collateral warranties and associated documentation;
- Contracting alternatives such as framework and partnering arrangements;
- Risk analysis and management;
- Bonds and securities;
- Project insurance;
- Project administration;
- Construction dispute management (including litigation, arbitration, conciliation, mediation and adjudication and other ADRs).
Experience, knowledge and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience in a construction practice;
- A strong analytical ability;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making;
- Ability to work in pressurised situations;
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills;
- The ability to manage a busy workload and meet client needs on a consistent basis;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- A strong interest in maintaining, developing and sharing relevant legal knowledge.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent academic background;
- Hold at least a 2.1 honours degree in any discipline;
- Be qualified as a solicitor or barrister in Ireland or England and Wales.
Applications are made through email and should be accompanied by a full curriculum vitae and sent to: Liz.Giltinane@McCannFitzGerald.com Alternatively, for a confidential discussion for more information, please contact Liz Giltinane on 01-511 1552.
Closing date for applications is 28 February 2019 at 5pm.