Fieldfisher LLP is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. Fieldfisher network has more than 1,700 people working across 25 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of their clients' needs. Among Fieldfisher clients they count well-known social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, insurance companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Fieldfisher have an exciting new opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join their Public and Regulatory Law department who specialise in providing legal advice and representation to the CEOs, Boards and Councils of public bodies and has expert knowledge of all of the major regulatory sectors including health and social care, education, charities, finance and professional services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to a team comprising of 1 Partner, 4 Senior Associates, 1 Associate and 6 Solicitors. The team also have a number of additional support staff including Trainees, Paralegals and 1 other Legal Secretary. The role would be an ideal opportunity for a Legal Secretary who is keen to progress in a forward-thinking firm and offers challenging, interesting and rewarding work within a friendly and supportive environment.
- Formatting briefs, pleadings, letters and other legal documents;
- Analysing, researching and summarising legal information;
- Corresponding with clients, witnesses and council;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Collecting information and preparing legal documents;
- Filing, invoicing and general administrative support;
- Diary management;
- Reception cover as requested;
- Other ad hoc activities as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience in a similar position;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritise workload;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Case management system would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role confidentially please contact Karen Dempsey, Human Resource Director on 01 8280600.
Competitive salary and compensation package offered including:
- Medical benefits;
- 3 days paid leave to cover Christmas closure each year;
- Paid paternity leave;
- Paid maternity leave;
- Paid wedding leave;
- Travel Tax Incentive Scheme;
- Bike to Work Initiative;
- Group Life Assurance Scheme;
- Income Protection Insurance;
- Flu vaccination;
- Health and Wellbeing Programme;
- Sports and Social Club;
- Book Club;
- Golf Society;
- Early finish on public holiday weekends.
Please note Fieldfisher LLP aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of their staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.