Ireland for Law and the international section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) have announced details of two webinars focusing on financial services in Ireland after Brexit.
The webinars will take place on Thursday, 22 April and Thursday, 29 April, with a 10am start for both. Registration is open to non-members of the NYSBA.
The sessions are aimed at lawyers from any jurisdiction who want to learn more about the existing aspects of the Irish legal infrastructure surrounding the financial services sector that have attracted renewed focus in light of Brexit and other international developments.
The first webinar will focus on:
- The position of Ireland as a potential financial centre, post-Brexit,
- The authorisation process for regulated entities,
- The EU passporting regime,
- Enforcement issues,
- Financial services landscape after COVID-19.
The panellists are:
- Robert Cain (Arthur Cox),
- Louise McNabola (William Fry),
- Howard Fischer (Moses & Singer LLP).
The second event looks at innovations and new transactions in the financial services sector, and its expert panellists are:
- Darragh Geraghty (Arthur Cox),
- Jason Hollis (William Fry),
- Ailish Finnerty (Arthur Cox),
- Diane O'Connell (Diane O'Connell PLLC).