Speakers for the Irish Rule of Law International (IRLI) criminal law update have been announced. Ms Justice Iseult O Malley has confirmed that she will chair the event.
The conference will take place virtually on Saturday, 5 December, running from 9am until 12.30pm
Seven papers dealing with important developments in criminal law will be presented, via MH&C LLP.
- Fiona Murphy SC speaking on ‘Bail – Recent Developments’ by Amy Heffron,
- Michael Bowman SC speaking on ‘Special Criminal Court’ by Tessa White,
- Brendan Grehan SC speaking on ‘The Test for Provocation’ by Maria Brosnan and Donncha Craddock,
- Orla Crowe SC speaking on ‘Vulnerable Witnesses in Sexual Offences – an Update’ by Lily Casey,
- James Dwyer SC speaking on ‘Case Stated & Judicial Review Update’ by Fergal McMorrow,
- Sean Guerin SC speaking on ‘European Arrest Warrant Update 2020’ by David Perry and Brian Storan,
- Dara Robinson SC speaking on ‘The Right to Protest v Public Health Restrictions’ by Doireann Ansbro and Brian Storan,
- Mark Mullholland QC speaking on ‘Phrases and other matters which annoy judges – a survey’ by Aoife McNickle.
There are three CPD points available for attendance at this event.
IRLI has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, given that these are difficult times, ticket prices have been reduced for this annual event.
Tickets now cost €30 for general admission and €10 for students and the newly-qualified.
Additional donations may also be made and any contribution, however small, would be gratefully received.
Tickets are now available for booking.