The third Callan Tansey medico-legal conference has been confirmed for Kilronan Castle, Ballyfarnon, Co Roscommon, on Friday 20 September.
Attendance at the full-day conference yields seven group study CPD points.
This year, the conference will focus on sport, medicine and the law.
An early bird 10% discount offer is available on all bookings received before 1 August.
Visit www.medicolegal.callantansey.ie to book. The cost includes refreshments and a light lunch.
Ms Justice Marie Baker (Court of Appeal) will be the chair and keynote speaker. Broadcaster and journalist Anton Savage will act as MC.
World-class experts in the areas of neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, A&E medicine, psychologists and legal experts, as well as leading sporting figures, will discuss:
- How clubs and organisations can take steps to protect themselves to minimise or avoid liability for injuries sustained by players in training or competition,
- The common pitfalls for medical practitioners treating sports injuries,
- What liability attaches in respect of the assessment of head injuries in collision sports, in particular rugby?
- What can American football teach us about the impact-collision sports can have, and the long-term implications of head injuries?
- What can sport teach us about recovery and inclusivity?
The charity partner this year is Special Olympics Ireland.