Matheson has appointed four new partners in Q1 2020, bringing the total number of partner appointments in the last six months to seven, and the overall figure to 96.
The new partners have been appointed in the areas of corporate M&A, employment, technology and innovation, data privacy, tax, commercial real estate and risk management.
Managing partner Michael Jackson said: “These new appointments underpin our continued growth in both the capacity and the expertise that we offer to clients.”
“The past twelve months have seen significant growth across the firm, such as the expansion of our London and Cork offices, and the establishment of the Matheson Digital Services Group.
“As we move further into 2020, external developments such as in relation to the future trading relationship between the EU and the UK, climate and sustainability considerations, ongoing tech disruption – and of course potential changes arising from the creation of a new Government programme of activity – will have implications for our clients and their businesses.
“Our new partner appointments, combined with the existing expertise across our business, enables us to proactively support our clients in navigating these developments.”
The seven new Matheson partners and their practice areas are:
- David Fitzgibbon – partner - corporate M&A,
- Deirdre Crowley - partner – employment, technology and innovation, data privacy,
- David Jones – partner - corporate M&A,
- Kimberley Masuda – partner – commercial real estate,
- Susanne McMenamin – partner - corporate M&A,
- Dermot Powell – partner and general counsel - risk management,
- Philip Tully – partner – tax.