The Dublin Circuit Court has issued a notice on how Dublin County Registrar business will be conducted under the current COVID-19 restrictions:
- Applications for the appointment of a care representative pursuant to section 21 of the Nursing Home Support Scheme Act 2009 will proceed as scheduled. Practitioners can check the Legal Diary for the venue,
- The taxation of costs callover listed for 22 March 2021 will proceed as a remote hearing,
- Remote hearings already arranged will proceed as listed and scheduled,
- Urgent applications for marriage exemption orders will proceed to be heard,
- All other civil motion lists and civil matters, family-law motion lists, family-law list to fix dates and family-law case progression listed until the end of Hilary term stand adjourned for dates to be fixed,
- The County Registrar will be available to hear urgent matters where necessary, and parties should contact the Dublin Circuit Court Office to arrange these.
The court says parties should consult the Courts Service website for all updates and notices.
Where cases are settled and require to be struck out or other consent orders need to be ruled during the current restrictions, these will continue to be dealt with by email requests from both parties and will be ruled by the County Registrar during court sittings, without the necessity of parties being present in court.
The following dedicated mailboxes have been set up to deal with such consent applications only by the County Registrar for Dublin:
Dublin Circuit Court Family Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dublin Circuit Court Civil Office email: email@example.com
To apply for the ruling of an order on consent, one single email only from the moving party must contain all the following:
- The correct details of the case and correct record number,
- The exact terms of the order sought to be ruled on consent,
- A letter of consent from the solicitor for the other party/parties to the making of the consent order. A chain of emails will not be read and, as a result, your application will not be considered,
- A copy of the relevant notice of motion, notice of trial or civil bill,
- Where necessary, the relevant exhibits only,
- The date the matter is listed before the court or confirmation nothing listed for hearing,
- If a matter is urgent this must be highlighted by the applicant in the subject line of the email.
If this notice is not followed the email will not be acted upon and will not be replied to. Other emails sent incorrectly to the consent email address will not be replied to.