ByrneWallace has been recognised as Ireland’s top legal advisors to the public sector for the third consecutive year.
Public Sector magazine’s Excellence in Business Services Awards acknowledge outstanding service, continuity, track record and general excellence in business.
Managing partner Feargal Brennan said: “The public sector is one of the firm’s most significant practice areas, and we place huge value on the depth of the knowledge and relationships which we have built up with our many and diverse public sector clients over the many years that we have worked together.”
Employment law partner and head of the public sector group Michelle Ní Longáin said that ByrneWallace expects a number of key growth areas over the coming years including:
- Advice to universities on forthcoming legislative developments and their performance and governance of all of their functions,
- Advice to public bodies on decision-making in the context of judicial review, fair procedures and constitutional law,
- The development of the law on freedom of information and data protection,
- The interaction between redress before the courts and statutory bodies,
- Reputation management and risk advisory services, complex projects within the law,
- The provision of social housing, funding, policy and process development and legislative amendment.