For a fourth consecutive year, ByrneWallace has retained its top 10 position in the M&A legal advisers league table published by Experian MarketIQ.
The report, which tracked M&A transactions with values over €500,000 across Ireland and the UK from 1 January to 30 September 2020, lists ByrneWallace as advising on 12 deals totalling €512 million, placing the firm third in deal value rankings.
Head of corporate Neil Keenan said: “Despite the initial slowdown in the market at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, transactional activity in our practice has remained very strong.
“Activity in life sciences, technology, healthcare and energy was especially strong.”
Transactions which ByrneWallace advised on include:
- Sales of Precision Biotics and Inflazome,
- Sale of Interactive Services to US-based LRN Corporation,
- Sale of food company M&M Walshe Holdings (owner of Callan Bacon) to Eight Fifty Food Group,
- Sale of Ireland’s largest building on behalf of a South African fund,
- Sale of a corporate and real estate loan portfolio to Ready Capital (NYSE:RC).
ByrneWallace also advised on a number of significant fundraisings during the year by companies such as:
- Neuromod and Priothera in the life sciences sector,
- and GridBeyond and Mainstream Renewable Power in the energy sector.