The Bar of Ireland has signed up to legal information platform Vizlegal.
Director of library and information services Nuala Byrne said: “Vizlegal makes it easy to quickly find, track and save judgments, cases and other legal information. Feedback from our 2,200-plus members and staff members has been very positive.”
Chief executive Ciara Murphy said: “The Bar of Ireland facilitates the sharing of knowledge amongst barristers who are members of the Law Library.
Access to databases
“Membership offers numerous advantages to practising barristers including access to a vast legal library, legal databases and research support.
“The launch of the Vizlegal platform for members of the Law Library is a fantastic addition to our suite of library and information services.”
Vizlegal’s platform contains a million decisions or filings from:
- Court of Justice of the European Union,
- European Court of Human Rights,
- Irish High Court and Circuit Court records,
- Irish judgments,
- Irish trademarks,
- Irish Information Commissioner decisions,
- Irish Tax Appeals Commission decisions,
- UK Supreme Court,
- First-tier and Upper Tribunal Tax and Chancery decisions,
- England & Wales Court of Appeal and High Court judgments.