The Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB) has upgraded it solicitors’ portal as over 70% of solicitors have now registered for use.
In excess of 75% of new claims are submitted by solicitors through the portal.
The application fee for new claims on the portal is €45, in contrast to a postal submission which costs €90.
The upgrades include:
- improved and simplified correspondence exchange for solicitors,
- a new tab showing all the latest correspondence from PIAB in one location,
- solicitors may add new respondents digitally and receive an immediate Section 50 receipt,
- administrators can now edit their firm and user details,
- new pending claim function enabling users to return to their applications to complete submissions at a later date
For new applications, correspondence, including all statutory notices, will now be issued only through the portal.
Firms that have recently consented to service by electronic means will also continue to receive all correspondence through the portal.
Registration offers the following services:
- access to real time information in relation to claims,
- facility to monitor progress of claim applications,
- automated acknowledgement of the statute stopped date on submission of an application,
- Ability to speedily upload/download documents,
- Ready access to information for clients,
- Reduced paper/storage and admin costs,
- Visibility of assessment details prior to receipt by clients,
- Payment on account options,
To register, go to www.piab.ie and click on ‘solicitor portal login’ then follow the instructions.