Law Society Skillnet is organising a practice update for solicitors in the north-west on Thursday 8 June.
The event, in association with Donegal Bar Association and the Inishowen Bar Association, takes place at Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel, Donegal, Co Donegal.
Six CPD hours are available from the update, which runs from 10am to 5.30pm.
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law relevant to general practice.
The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics and speakers
- Assisted decision-making legislation,
- Probate and wills,
- Solicitors’ Guide to Professional Conduct,
- Your practice viability – present and future options.
The event will be chaired by Geraldine Conaghan (Principal MacBride Conaghan Solicitors, and President of Inishowen Bar Association) and Margaret Mulrine (Principal, MM Mulrine and Company, Letterkenny, and President of Donegal Bar Association).
- Padraic Courtney (course manager and Secretary to the Law Society’s Probate and Trusts Committee),
- Sorcha Hayes (head of practice regulation, Law Society),
- Áine Hynes SC (partner, St John Solicitors, and Chair of Mental Health and Capacity Task Force, pictured),
- Susan Martin (Principal, Martins Solicitors, member of Ethics and Guidance Committee, and President of DSBA),
- Sonia McEntee (Principal, Sonia McEntee Solicitors, and Dublin member of Conveyancing Committee),
- Mike O'Reilly (O'Reilly Business Services).