The Law School is holding a half-day event on Wednesday, 1 June, to give an overview of the Law Society’s new Professional Practice Course (PPC), which starts in September 2022.
The Society says that the new PPC, which it describes as “ground-breaking”, provides significant logistical and practical advantages to trainees and firms.
It marks landmark progress in the organisation’s strategic plan to increase access to and streamline solicitor training in Ireland.
Wednesday’s event will feature an in-depth overview of the course, and insights from expert national and international speakers.
Speakers and registration
The event takes place at the lecture theatre in the Law Society’s Education Centre in Blackhall Place.
It starts at 1pm and runs until 4.30pm, and will be followed by a networking wine reception.
- Michelle Ní Longáin (President of the Law Society of Ireland),
- Professor Andy Unger (Head of Law School of Law & Social Science, London South Bank University),
- Professor Elaine Hall (Northumbria University),
- Jonny Hall (Faculty Associate Pro Vice-Chancellor of learning and teaching, Northumbria University),
- Richard Hammond SC (chair of the Education Committee),
- TP Kennedy (Director of Education, Law Society of Ireland),
- Professor Geoffrey Shannon SC, small picture, (Deputy Director of Education, Law Society of Ireland).
There is no charge for the event, but advance registration is needed.