The High Court and District Court have given details of arrangements for the long vacation, which runs from 1 August to 30 September.
A High Court judge will be available every day throughout the period to hear urgent applications.
All sittings before the vacation judge will take place Monday to Friday in the Four Courts (Court 1) at 11am, unless otherwise advised by the registrar.
The following categories of business shall also be heard as follows:
- The bail list will take place in Cloverhill Courthouse each Tuesday and Thursday at 10am throughout August and September,
- The extradition list will take place in the Criminal Courts of Justice in Court 20 on 8 and 24 August (11am), and on 6 September (not before 12pm) and 19 September (11am),
- The wards-of-court list will take place at 11am in Court 4 of the Four Courts on 17 August (remote) and 31 August, and 1 and 13 September,
- The special-care list will take place at 10am (remote) in Court 2 of the Four Courts on 24 August and 21 September,
- There will be a Commercial Court motion list at 11am in Court 2 of the Four Courts on 6 and 20 September,
- The President’s professional list will take place at 11am in Court 4 of the Four Courts on 7 September,
- The Hague Luxembourg Convention list will take place at 11am in Court 2 of the Four Courts on 8 September.
The High Court’s central office is open for business by appointment only, made by using the online appointment system. For urgent matters, where it is not possible to book online, email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Separate arrangements for the District Court’s provincial and Dublin Metropolitan districts have been published on the Courts Service’s website.
Due to building works taking place in Smithfield during the month of August, the Children’s Court (Court 55) will sit in Court 2 Blanchardstown, Block 4 Grove Court, Grove Road, Dublin 7.
The court will sit each Tuesday and Thursday only, from 2 August to 30 August, at 10.30am.