Stay up-to-date with legal developments and Law Society events with the Member eZine, President's Bulletins, LawWatch, Small Practice Business Bulletin and the Legal Training eZine.
Member eZine & President's Bulletin
The Society's eZine is sent on a monthly basis to our solicitor members and brings news and information directly to your screen in a brief and easily-digestible manner. It is designed to ‘flag’ issues of interest to practitioners. Should any urgent or important issues arise between eZine issues, an eBulletin may be sent out to ensure you are kept up-to-date. Scroll down to see an archive of eZines and Bulletins.
Are you subscribed to receive the member eZine and Presidential Bulletins? To subscribe or update your email address, click on the Subscribe or Update links in the latest eZine or email the Editor, Carmel Kelly.
Email address preferences
You can choose which email address to send Law Society newsletters to - go to your dashboard and select Email Preferences.
Member eZine Archive
Are you receiving the weekly eNewsletter from the Law Society Library? It contains the latest judgments, legislation and journal articles. To subscribe, send your contact details and solicitor number to email@example.com.
Small Practice Business Bulletin
Aimed at sole practitioners and practices of five solicitors or less, sign up for this newsletter by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Training eZine
The Education Department also sends a training eZine to members:
To subscribe for the training eZine, please email Katherine Kane.
President's Bulletin Archive
- 26/06/2020 - Programme for Government Synopsis
- 26/06/2020 - Setting the agenda
- 19/06/2020 - 2021 PC fee and Courts Service update
- 04/06/2020 - WRC engagement and family law guidance
- 29/05/2020 - Progress on plans for re-opening courts, correspondence with PRA and updated Court Notices
- 21/05/2020 - Clarity on court hearings, WRC update and returning to work safely
- 19/05/2020 - New Courts Service arrangements and practice updates
- 14/05/2020 - Supporting your return to workplaces and court updates
- 12/05/2020 - Preparing for recovery
- 07/05/2020 - Courts Service progress and CRO engagement
- 05/05/2020 - DX engagement, State support and practice updates
- 30/4/2020 - Further lobbying on eligibility for Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme, response to the WRC, and engagement with Banking and Payments Federation Ireland
- 28/4/2020 - Lobbying update and receiving your Gazette at home
- 24/4/2020 - Practice update
- 21/4/2020 - Successful lobbying, remote hearings, affidavits, and other practice updates
- 17/4/2020 - Successful lobbying and supports for your practice
- 16/4/2020 - Remote hearings, criminal legal aid and costs update
- 15/4/2020 - Seeking sustainable solutions to practice issues
- 9/4/2020 - New mental health and CPD support and update on lobbying
- 8/4/2020 - Courts Service and justice sector developments
- 7/4/2020 - Crisis Support and Government engagement
- 6/4/2020 - Positive practice developments and Circuit Court update
- 3/4/2020 - Update on Government engagement
- 2/04/2020 - AML and Wardship update
- 1/04/2020 - Conveyancing and Probate Office updates
- 31/03/2020 - Advising companies, criminal legal aid, and joint judicial statement
- 30/03/2020 - Update on Government guidelines, representations on state supports and the PRA
- 28/03/2020 - Legal Services are Essential Services
- 27/03/2020 - Details of support schemes and Statute of Limitations update
- 26/03/2020 - Urgent submission on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme and family law guidelines
- 25/03/2020 - Positive practical progress update
- 24/03/2020 - Urgent representation to the Department of Finance and the Revenue Commissioners
- 23/03/2020 - Remote technology: practical solutions to consider
- 20/03/2020 - COVID-19 - Wills guidance and PRA service information
- 19/03/2020 - Covid-19 - Resources and guidance to support your practice
- 16/03/2020 - Ongoing engagement with the Courts Service
- 13/3/2020 - Coronavirus and the Courts Service – further update
- 12/3/2020 - Coronavirus and the Courts Service – update
- 07/01/2020 - Reminder - Practising Certificate Renewal 2020