The Law Society of Ireland is committed to providing a high standard of service to our members, students, stakeholders and members of the public at all times. We act with the highest possible standards of integrity, fairness and independence as we work to fulfil our Vision and Mission in accordance with our Values.
The trusted voice of a respected solicitors’ profession.
- To serve, represent and support our members and the public.
- To ensure fair and effective regulation of solicitors in the interests of the profession and the public.
- To provide excellent legal education and training.
- To raise awareness within members of the public of how the profession can help to vindicate their rights.
- To participate fully in public life so that issues of fairness and justice are to the fore in public discourse.
- We act to protect and champion the rights of the profession, their clients and the public interest.
- We provide a responsive, courteous and efficient service to our members and the public.
- We value and seek feedback and are constantly striving to understand and meet the needs of our members and the wider public.
- We show respect by listening well to different views and perspectives without pre-judgment.
- We show respect by giving reasons for our decisions after due consultation and consideration.
- We act to the highest professional standards, constantly reviewing our systems and processes to ensure that these are fit for purpose.
- We are accountable for our work in a transparent manner.
- We involve a broad representation of our members in core activities.
- We act with integrity and fairness and report on our activities and decisions in a transparent manner.
- We speak clearly, plainly and accurately in our communications.
- We act in an independent and fair manner, without fear or favour of any section of society or any state institution or body.
The Law Society of Ireland is the professional body for solicitors in Ireland. If you have a question about the regulation, education and/or representation of solicitors in Ireland, please get in touch. We are unable to answer questions that go beyond this scope and are never able to give legal advice. If you have an enquiry that requires legal advice, please contact a solicitor.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect and aim to be helpful at all times.
- Work to make all of our communications with you straightforward, clear and concise.
- Respond to all enquiries promptly. If we are unable to respond with a full answer to your question, we will let you know we’re looking into it and when you can expect an answer. If we are out of the office, we will let you know who to contact in our place through our voicemail or out-of-office email.
Prior to contacting us you should consult our Frequently Asked Questions.
We aim to respond to all enquiries as soon as we can. During busy times a response to your enquiry may take longer.
How you can reach us
Our working hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday - Friday. You can reach us at the following locations:
Blackhall Place, Dublin 7 (DX 79 Dublin), Ireland
The Education Centre
- Blackhall Place, Dublin 7 (DX 79 Dublin)
- Phone: +353 1 672 4802
- Fax: +353 1 672 4992
- Email: email@example.com
The Regulation Department
- George’s Court, George’s Lane, Dublin 7 (DX 1025 Four Courts)
- Phone: +353 01 8798700
- Fax: +353 1 879 8769
The Four Courts
- Inn’s Quay, Dublin 7 (DX 79 Dublin)
- Phone: +353 1 6681806
- Fax: +353 1 873 5615
Respect for our staff
We aim to provide a high level of service in all our interactions. Likewise, we expect that our staff will be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. On extremely rare occasions, when our staff are not treated in an acceptable way, we may choose to take action to protect them. Those actions may include, though are not limited to, giving warnings on unacceptable behaviour and/or ceasing communication with an individual completely or in relation to a single topic.
We aim to create opportunities for people to have their say - whether they are members of the Law Society, members of the public or other stakeholders. We value your feedback and will give fair consideration to what you have to say. When you give us feedback, we will give you a prompt and reasoned response. Please Contact Us.