Finance/Admin Annual Operational Plan
See below for the Finance & Administration Department Annual Operational Plan for 2021.
- We will ensure that there is an effective control and compliance environment to give members confidence in the financial management systems of the Society and apply best practice in relation to the operation of the internal audit function.
- We will continue to ensure that we secure value for money on both operational and capital expenditure through the implementation of a new procurement policy.
- We will manage the Society’s finances to smooth the impact of the advent of a Legal Services Regulatory Authority levy.
- We will continue our roll-out of e-commerce within the finance function, including invoice scanning and electronic payslips projects, and ensure full integration with System 360.
- We will manage the long term finances of the Society through a Five Year Plan process.
- We will ensure that Pension Scheme and general investments are managed within a level of risk tolerance to ensure we get an appropriate return without inappropriate risk.
- We will continue our oversight of the run-down of the SMDF and work to achieving a “dividend” at the end of the arrangement in 2021.
- We will progress the analysis and plans for a potential development on the Benburb Street site to the point where an informed decision can be made.
- We will ensure that the Law Society is GDPR compliant in terms of processes and culture.
- We will conduct risk management reviews as necessary and continue to develop our Risk Policy.
- We will ensure that the Law Society’s premises are maintained and operated efficiently and offer the best possible user experience.
- We will continue our programme of investment in Blackhall Place to improve amenities for members and students, including works to the Library, Four Courts, members’ facilities and public areas of Blackhall Place.
- We will continue to maintain and protect the integrity of the historic building at Blackhall Place through implementation of the Conservation Plan and the Master Plan.
- We will advance facilities initiatives advocated by the Eco Friendly Working Group, improve our carbon-footprint and be very conscious of the environmental impact of any changes or developments.
- We will continue to invest in IT to enable systems meet the needs of members and students in an efficient and user friendly manner so as to ensure effective delivery of services. This will primarily be delivered through System 360, with Phase 3 being completed at end of the year..
- We will continue our cyber security awareness programme with IT users and implement the recommendations from an external review of our technical security systems.
- We will contribute to the Society’s CSR programme through the Calcutta Run, Open House, Heritage Week, Culture Night etc. and encourage community use of the Society’s facilities.