We support trainee solicitors through time-concentrated therapy and group work.
We are a dedicated group of qualified psychotherapists who are skilled and experienced in working with trainee solicitors.
- Our goal is to help you to help yourself.
- We provide easy access to confidential conversations with a trained and objective professional.
- We have a passion for working with ALL trainees at ALL stages of your training.
- You do NOT need to have a specific issue or be in crisis to attend!
Engaging in short-term therapy while you are training as a solicitor provides an excellent way of getting the most from this important stage of your life. You have a choice about how you would like to participate:
Introduction to Group Therapy
Participation in one of our 6-8 week group therapy programmes during your training provides a safe and supportive space to discuss your concerns and to learn coping skills in the company of others who may have successfully navigated similar challenges.
Group Therapy gives you the unique opportunity to meet and hear from other trainees who are on the same path as you. It is a dynamic space to share goals, resolve problems and get relief from any worries or concerns you might be carrying. Groups are facilitated by a qualified and experienced psychotherapist and have a maximum of 8 members.
Group therapy is particularly effective for trainees who:
- Would like to learn more about how they relate in teams, in the office and in family life.
- Would like to hear about others’ experiences of training and of professional life and to share their experiences with peers – all in strictest confidence.
Individual Time-Concentrated Therapy
Our individual counselling option is the best fit for students who:
- Have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk that through in confidence.
- Have a general curiosity about themselves and their own lives and would like some time one-on-one to discuss this.
While you are more than welcome to come to us if you are going through a stressful time, you do not need to be in crisis or to have a particular issue. We equip trainees to deal effectively with the wonderful opportunities as well as the inevitable banana skins of personal and professional life. Just being alive provides us with more than enough material to fill a series of group and/or individual sessions!
Some specific challenges we have supported trainees through in the past have included:
- Relationship with yourself – and how it affects your relationships with others
- Imposter Syndrome
- General anxiety
- Relationship with drugs, alcohol or food
- LGBTQ identity and its meaning for you as a trainee
- Financial Difficulties
- Gender Issues
- Mental Illness
- Anxiety that might be manifesting in what can be called Obsessive Compulsive behaviour
- Trauma/Post-Traumatic Stress – debilitating symptoms following any sort of trauma
- Sexual Assault
Book your appointment
To reach a member of our team please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our administration team will usually respond to you within 24 hours assigning you to your own therapist. Your therapist will then make contact with you and arrange all appointments directly with you to suit your timetable.
How many sessions?
Sessions are entirely free. You may avail of up to 7 individual sessions during PPC I and 5 individual sessions during PPC II.
If you choose our Introduction to Group Therapy you may avail of 6-8 group sessions per PPC. These are held after 5.00pm - once your lectures and tutorials are concluded.
Where are we?
Our dedicated suite of therapy rooms is located in a discrete and welcoming space at the rear of the Green Hall.
What Trainees say about us
“Counselling sessions gave me more self-confidence and understanding that I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed or questioning my own ability.”
“Counselling sessions helped me look at me as a person – to highlight things I needed to address in my own life in order to operate better when I return to the office.”