Do you have a story to tell? Let us help.
Representing a diverse profession
The Law Society regularly runs PR campaigns in national and local media to highlight the work taking place within the Society. As part of this, we often profile stories of our members across the profession. This year we want to highlight the diversity among our trainee solicitors, the future leaders of the profession, but we need your help to do this.
As the PPC 1 course starts, we are looking for trainee solicitors to volunteer to share their stories with us. We want to hear about your experiences of finding trainee contracts, passing FE-1 exams and any obstacles you have overcome to date. We would also like to hear about any way the Law Society has helped you on your education and career journey to date.
Share your story with us
- Are you a trainee solicitor living with a disability?
- Are you a member of the Traveller community?
- Are you benefiting from the Law Society’s Access Programme?
- Are you a member of the LGBT+ community?
- Are you from an ethnic minority background or are you an international solicitor now practising in Ireland?
- Are you participating in Street Law?
- Did you make a career change in to the solicitors’ profession or on the route to qualifying without a degree?
For those interested in sharing their stories, there is also an opportunity to profile your training firm/training solicitor. Your stories will be shared across our communication platforms including our press releases, national and regional media, the Law Society Gazette and/or our social media channels.
The Law Society strives to create a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and equal opportunities in the solicitors’ profession and profiling our members’ stories is one way we can continue to encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels.
If you would like to get involved and share your story, or would just like some more information, please email Siobhán Masterson.