Peer group programme for trainees
The Law School is organising a peer group programme for trainee solicitors about to embark on the PPC II.
Meet, Connect, Learn
This new programme is an opportunity to connect, share and develop your legal professional skills and knowledge with a group of your peers over 12 weekly sessions at Blackhall Place. Completion of the programme qualifies for an elective credit on the PPC.
Facilitated by Skills Leader and a Course Manager Colette Reid, sessions will take place on Wednesdays from 6.30 pm to 8 pm. The programme will run for 12 weeks, from 23 February to 11 May 2022.
programme will provide a framework and a physical space where you can:
- Develop your presentation skills in a safe and supportive environment that recognises different levels of experience and confidence,
- Connect with other future solicitors in a physical space after a PPCI spent on Zoom,
- Share your experiences as a trainee solicitor;
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of key areas of legal practice,
- Reflect on your developing identity as a solicitor, along with its responsibilities and opportunities; and the road ahead,
- Explore the benefits and challenges of working in teams, and
- Develop a support network and build resilience through meeting regularly with other trainees.
If you wish to undergo the programme, please complete the application form by 7 February 2022.