About the wellbeing hub
The Law Society set up this hub to contribute to the improved wellbeing, resilience and emotional and psychological health of our members.
What it's about
The Wellbeing Hub has been set up to:
- Direct our members who are experiencing wellbeing challenges to appropriate support services and guidance
- Raise awareness and provide information on how to help those in difficulty or crisis - for colleagues and people managers
- Provide you with information and signposting to help grow resilience and manage emotional wellbeing
- Proactively dismantle any perceived stigma around mental health issues and champion best practice
- Work in collaboration with mental health organisations to increase our understanding of wellbeing issues/resources so that we can ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
The hub was developed to address some of the recommendations from a study commissioned by the Law Society in 2018. The study was based on indicative levels of stress and wellbeing within the solicitors' profession and on how current mental supports are perceived by members. For more information, see Gazette articles below:
Gazette articles on wellbeing