Certificate in Public Legal Education
This certificate is a programme which aims to develop the skills of solicitors to run an effective public legal education programme in their community, based on the pedagogical approach and learner centred methodologies of Street Law.
How can I get involved?
- Begin to develop your idea around a public legal education (PLE) programme.
- Reserve your place at our PLE Orientation weekend in September 2018.
- Implement your chosen programme & fulfil the requirements.
- Receive your Certificate in Public Legal Education February 2019!
CSOs & Community Groups
- Begin to identify your organisation's need for a legal education or information programme.
- Work with a chosen solicitor to pilot your programme.
- Support and implement the programme & empower your people!
About the Certificate course
This is an annual course and initial training takes place at the Street Law Orientation weekend in September. It runs for approximately 6 months.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a Certificate in Public Legal Education and will also be recognised as a Law Society of Ireland approved Street Law trainer.
The assessment of this award is competency based and dependent upon successful completion of a number of elements including:
- Attendance at the initial training weekend
- Completion of a project proposal
- Implementation of a public legal education programme.
Apply for the Course
To apply, download and complete the application form, then send it to Freda Grealy by 3 September 2018.
For more information on the Certificate, contact Freda Grealy.