High Court Long Vacation sittings
A High Court Judge will be available throughout the Long Vacation to hear urgent applications.
Hearing urgent matters
Applications will not be listed without certification from the High Court Duty Registrar that the matter is urgent. Practitioners with urgent matters can contact the High Court Duty Registrar by contacting the Four Courts at (01) 8886000.
Sittings before the Vacation Judge will take place in the Four Courts (Court 1), from Monday to Friday at 11.00 am, unless otherwise advised by the Registrar.
Other business shall be heard as follows:
- The Wards of Court List will take place at 11.00 am in Court 4 on 11 and 25 August, and on 8, 22 and 29 September. Judges are authorised to deal with urgent Wardship business on all other dates.
- The Special Care List will take place at 11.00 am in Court 3 on 12 August and 16 September.
- The Hague List will take place at 11.00 am in Court 2 on 23 August and 29 September.
- A Commercial Court Motion List will be held at 11.00 am in Court 2 on 31 August and on 7 and 21 September.
- A Chancery Motion list will take place at 11.00 am in Court 3 on 6, 7, 20 and 21 September.
- The Bail List will continue in the CCJ each Tuesday and Thursday throughout August and September.
- The Extradition List will take place in the CCJ on 5 and 20 August and on 6 and 23 September.
For further information, view the Courts Service website.
This article originally appeared in the 3 August Member eZine. For more information, and to subscribe, visit eNewsletters.