The Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), starting on Tuesday 31 May, is free to join and open to all.
This year’s MOOC focuses on the hugely topical area of hybrid working. The course provides a guide to the key employment law issues arising in the context of hybrid and remote working models, together with insights into the impact of hybrid working on wider society.
The course, which runs over a 5-week period, is free and will be delivered through a number of short video presentations from expert contributors, supported by suggested reading, quizzes, and live online Q & A sessions with a host of speakers.
The Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Mr. Leo Varadkar T.D., is the keynote speaker and offers his view on the way forward.
Topics covered will include the right to request remote working, the right to disconnect, professional wellbeing, health and safety considerations, data protection concerns as well as the great resignation. Key speakers will be drawn from across the spectrum of employment law, politics, HR and beyond.
Course programme at a glance
- Week 1: Remote working – a changing landscape:the right to request remote working, the right to disconnect, professional wellbeing in a changing work environment.
- Week 2: Employment policies for hybrid working and dispute resolution: employment law policies updated, health and safety considerations, data protection issues and resolving disputes.
- Week 3: Impact of hybrid working on society - the Great Resignation: a global view, managing and retaining staff, the 4 day working week campaign, impact on society – SMEs, hospitality sector, housing sector and the future of work report – drivers for change.
- Week 4: Equality, diversity and inclusion – avoiding a two-tier system: upcoming legalisation in the area of equality and practical tips for being productive when working remotely.
- Week 5: Live panel event with expert speakers
For more information, Explore the full programme. There are 7 CPD points available for completing this MOOC.
The course runs over a 5-week period starting on 31 May 2022. Find out more and register here: https://mooc2022.lawsociety.ie/
If you have any queries email the Diploma MOOC team at email@example.com.