Assignment of High Court judges – Hilary Term 2022
The Courts Service has published details of the judges overseeing each High Court list over the next term.
The President of the High Court, Ms Justice Mary Irvine, has assigned the following judges of the High Court to be the Judge in Charge of the following lists:
- Mr Justice McDermott, Judge in Charge of the Central Criminal Court, Special Criminal Court, Extradition, Criminal Assets Bureau and Bail,
- Mr Justice Coffey, Judge in Charge of the Personal Injuries List,
- Ms Justice Reynolds, Judge in Charge of the Jury List and Garda Compensation List,
- Mr Justice Meenan, Judge in Charge of the Non Jury/Judicial Review List and Asylum,
- Mr Justice McDonald, Judge in Charge of the Commercial List and the designated judge for Admiralty matters,
- Mr Justice Allen, Judge in Charge of the Chancery List, and
- Mr Justice Jordan, Judge in Charge of the Family List.
The President has also nominated the following judges:
- Justice Barrett designated Judge for Competition matters,
- Mr Justice Humphreys for the Strategic Infrastructural Development Judicial Review List and Commercial Planning,
- Justice Sanfey designated Judge for Arbitration matters, and
- Ms Justice Gearty for the Hague Luxembourg Convention List.
Any application with regard to matters pertaining to those lists shall be made to the relevant Judge in Charge. The foregoing does not constitute an assignment of a Judge pursuant to S.I. 255 of 2016 - Rules of the Superior Courts (Chancery and Non-Jury actions and other designated proceedings: pre-trial procedures) 2016.