Opens: 7:00am on Monday 2 December 2019
Closes: midnight on Thursday 12 December 2019
You can register for this course from 12 November 2019.
How to register for this free online course
- The account you create for this LearnSkills website is separate from any other Law Society-related account you may have.
- Are you an existing Learnskills account holder? If you took this course last year you will already have an account for the course website, so log in with that username and password or Reset your password.
- Are you a new Learnskills account holder? Click here to register and log in.
Should you have any queries in relation to this process please contact: email@example.com.
Aim and Objectives
Technology is becoming increasingly important in the world of legal practice, and there is a multitude of mobile apps that can be of benefit to solicitors. The 12 Apps of Christmas online course will help solicitors learn about apps for tablet devices – in just 30 minutes per day.
Set aside some time on your commute, on your lunch break, or in the evening to participate in this instructional smart course in which you will learn about apps that can be used in your legal practice to assist you to embrace technology with tools that can make work and life easier and more effective.
New content is released incrementally over the duration of the course which will allow you the flexibility to learn about apps in your own time and space and to share and draw on the knowledge and experience of your colleagues in our discussion forums.
- Law Society Finuas Skillnet will launch six 30-minute modules over 6 working days from Monday 2 December 2019 until Thursday 12 December 2019.
- The learning management system which hosts this course will track your participation on a daily basis.
- You will only receive credit if you actually complete a full 30-minute module over the duration of the course availability.
- You will be able to generate your own certificate of completion once each module is completed in addition to the module evaluation form.
- In addition, users who complete all six modules may also display a digital badge external to the course to display their achievement.
The course will close on Thursday, 12 December 2019 at midnight.
A solicitor can complete up to half of their CPD requirement for 2019 by eLearning. This should be taken into account when calculating whether you are entitled to the full three management hours (by eLearning) which this course provides.