Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Donegal Bar Association and Inishowen Bar Association
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day and half are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law of essential relevance to most in general practice.
In Part I on 13 June this is an afternoon of Management and Regulation. The course will include an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of management, professional development and regulation, including anti-money laundering, accounting and GDPR subject access requests. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and speakers.
In Part II on 14 June as well as updates on relevant areas of law which include conveyancing, PRAI updates and will and trust drafting there will also be an opportunity to network with other practitioners.
A practitioner who attends this day and half course will complete 10 CPD hours which will include 2 Management & Professional Development Skills, 2 Regulatory Matters (including 1 accounting and AML compliance) and 6 General CPD hours.
Topics to be covered include
Part I on 13 June
- Regulation Essentials: including new anti-money laundering rules and requirements, the Legal Services Regulation Act update and new file retention guidelines
- GDPR: How to handle a subject access request
- Accounting Compliance Essentials
Part II on 14 June
- Conveyancing Essentials: including general pre contract searches, enquiries, planning searches, unpaid property taxes
- Property Registration Authority Update: Including GDPR and the PRAI, Counter-Fraud and new “Property Alert Service”
- Will and Trust Drafting – a practical guide to trips and traps
- Tax and Transferring the Family farm or Business – a guide to CAT, CGT and retirement relief
- Cybersecurity - new risks for practitioners
Other topics are to be confirmed
Chairpersons and Speakers include
- Geraldine Conaghan, Principal, MacBride Conaghan Solicitors, Donegal, President of Donegal Bar Association
- Margaret Mulrine, principal M M Mulrine and Company, Letterkenny, Co Donegal and President Inishowen Bar Association
- John Elliot, Director of Regulation, Law Society of Ireland
- Ann Henry, Partner, Pinsent Mansons Solicitors, Dublin
- Margaret Finlay, Principal, Finlay and Company Solicitors, Dublin
- Michelle McLoughlin, Principal M McLoughlin & Co Solicitors, Sligo
- Fergal Mawe, Solicitor, Regulation Department, Law Society of Ireland
- John O’Shea, PRAI
- Fiona Stanley, Investigating Accountant, Law Society of Ireland
- Anne Stephenson, Principal Stephenson Solicitors, Dublin
Further speakers to be confirmed
HOW TO BOOK