The Justice Media Awards are the longest running media awards in Ireland. They have grown from strength to strength in that time. This year we are inviting entries across 15 award categories.
About the awards
Each year, the Law Society invites print, broadcast and online journalists throughout Ireland to take part in the annual Justice Media Awards. The Justice Media Awards recognise outstanding print, broadcast and online journalism that contributes to the public’s understanding of justice, the legal system and legal issues. 2022 marks 31 years of the Justice Media Awards, the longest running media awards in Ireland.
Entries are now open for the 2022 Justice Media Awards.
- Applicable period for entries: 1 March 2021 to 28 February 2022
- Closing date for entries: Wednesday 30 March 2022
The 2022 Justice Media Awards will take place in-person at the Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place on Wednesday 22 June 2022.
The objective of the Justice Media Awards is to give national recognition to published works or broadcasts which follow certain guidelines:
- Promote the highest standards in legal journalism
- Foster greater public understanding of the law, the legal system or any specific legal issue
- Inform and educate citizens as to the roles in society of the law, the courts, law enforcement agencies and the legal profession
- Disclose practices or procedures needing reform so as to encourage the development and modernisation of Irish laws, courts and law enforcement agencies, and/or
- Assist the legal profession, the judiciary, and all others involved in the administration of justice in attaining the highest professional standards.
For more information, or to apply, see 'How to Enter'.
If you have any queries, please visit our FAQs or email the team - firstname.lastname@example.org.