Law Society Finuas Skillnet is a solicitor-training network promoted by the Law Society of Ireland.
We are a solicitor CPD network. We work in partnership with Skillnet Ireland, the Government's Workforce Development agency who provide funding and support. Our programmes are designed and delivered by solicitors for solicitors.
In response to Covid-19, we moved our courses online to ensure the safety of solicitors both participating and teaching on our programmes.
Our programmes include:
- CPD Clusters delivered in collaboration with the Bar Associations throughout Ireland
- LegalED Talks a suite of free online courses covering -
- Covid-19 Legal Practice Updates
- A Know-How Series on IT
- Regulatory Matters and Professional Management & Development Skills
- Shrink Me – Unlocking Wellbeing Together
- Legal Lives Series - interesting insights and perspectives from commentators and well-known individuals within the legal profession
- Additional courses to be added in 2021.
- ReBound – a Skillnet Ireland Initiative to help law firms get back on track post Covid-19. This Masterclass on Safety, Health and Welfare at Work is designed for solicitors who advise SME’s, business owners and managers across all industry sectors in Ireland.
Do you need help navigating online courses or deciding what courses are best for you?
In early 2021, we hope to return to onsite, face-to-face courses and events, subject to restrictions.
Law Finuas Skillnet team
We will keep this information updated in the coming weeks. Further information is also available on the Skillnet Ireland website.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet is a solicitor training network for companies of all sizes within the legal sector and professional advisors within Ireland’s international financial services (IFS) sector.
Member companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to their business and skills needs. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of their members.
The objective of this national network is to support the growth, competitiveness and sustainability of Ireland’s legal and international financial services sectors. The network provides strategic responses to emerging national and international trade, regulatory and competitive challenges facing legal and IFS professionals, through the delivery of highly specialised education and training.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet is promoted by the Law Society of Ireland. Membership of the network is open to all private sector enterprises within the legal sector and international financial services sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
- Assist businesses to identify and address current and future skills needs
- Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
- Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
- Strategic programmes that enhance business innovation and sectoral competitiveness
- Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
- Innovative new programme design and development
- Leadership programmes for business owners and executives.
- Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
- Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
- Access to a network of businesses within the sector
- Conferences, seminars, master class programmes, certificate, diploma and LLM courses, interactive eLearning courses, regional cluster training programmes and other informal learning and networking events.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet membership 2020
How to book a Law Society Finuas Skillnet training event
Simply use your membership code in all correspondence (whether booking online or by post) with the Law Society Finuas Skillnet and you will automatically receive up to 20% discount on eligible training events.
Annual Law Society Finuas Skillnet annual membership fee scale
- < 2 employees €95
- 3 - 19 employees €295
- 20 - 50 employees €495
- 51 - 99 employees €695
- 100+ employees €875
Annual membership runs from 1 January 2020 - 31 December 2020.
Skillnet Ireland – subsidised training for members (2020)
For further information on Skillnet Ireland visit www.skillnetireland.ie
Download Skillnet Ireland Privacy Statement
Clear Customs: Equip your business to deal with any new customs challenges
Continued uncertainty around Brexit has highlighted the importance of capacity-building in the customs intermediary sector and the necessity to boost ‘in-house’ customs capacity amongst business that are regularly trading with the UK. Delays at customs can result in disruption to both business and customers. Taking steps now to train key staff on how to effectively complete a customs declaration helps pre-empt Brexit related customs challenges.
Supported by Getting Ireland Brexit Ready, the Clear Customs free training initiative developed by Skillnet Ireland will be delivered by CILT Skillnet at several training locations nationwide. Clear Customs offers immediate and free customs training to Customs intermediaries, and to businesses who frequently trade with or through the UK.
In order to ensure your business is Brexit ready, please register your interest in Clear Customs training now.
The Clear Customs initiative is led by Skillnet Ireland, the Government agency responsible for workforce development, together with Enterprise Ireland. The training programme has been designed in close collaboration with key industry associations and will be delivered by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Skillnet, in conjunction with the Irish Exporters Association and Irish International Freight Association.
Get in Touch with the Law Society Finuas Skillnet team
Phone: 01 8815727
Fax: 01 6724890