All of our courses offer flexible online learning options. Learn about our online learning environment the ‘Diploma Hub’ and our webcasting facilities below.
Diploma Hub is our learning management system. The site acts as a repository for course information, course materials and a point of access for webcasts (if applicable). Access to Diploma Hub is only for the duration of your particular diploma or certificate course and will be withdrawn upon course completion. At the start of your course there will be an introductory lecture during which you will be shown how to use and access this site. All course participants are given a log in and password at course commencement. Diploma Hub is also fully mobile optimised to suit busy learners on the go.
How to login to Diploma Hub
- Go to https://lawschool.lawsociety.ie
- Enter your username and password. You will be advised of your unique numerical username in advance of commencing the course. The initial password is set to ‘changeme’.
- You will be prompted to change your password to something secure that you will remember.
If you have any login queries, email email@example.com
Webcasts of our lectures are available live and are also available to play back on demand at a time that suits you. Our customised design for the webcast facility has an inbuilt message board allowing participants to message the lecturer live thus adding to the potential for interaction and providing remote learners with an authentic lecture hall experience. Lectures are webcast ‘live’ on our secure internet site and will remain on the Diploma Hub for the duration of the course.
Every Diploma Centre course follows an intuitive tab-based menu system to access your course content.
- Sessions: Lecture webcasts, slides and additional materials are posted here in order of date.
- Discussion forum: Peer-to-peer learning is an important component in our courses, with participants encouraged to interact on the discussion forums with fellow students.
- Learning resources: Includes instructional videos on using the Diploma Hub, and all general resources for your course such as the timetable, reading list and faculty booklet.
- Assessment: Information on course assessments and important deadlines are posted here.
- Library: External link to the Law Society library portal.
The Diploma Centre champions the use of innovative technology to both enhance our content and encourage engagement with learning materials.
In addition to lecture presentations, many of our courses feature customised interactive materials such as quizzes, infographics and eLectures.
Mobile Professional Learning (MPL) Project
Accessibility is one of the key factors in providing professional continuing development courses for busy practitioners, many of whom are working full time. We are driven to provide practitioners with a variety of means to access our courses and consume content.
The ‘mobile professional learning’ or MPL project combines a number of technological initiatives, including a specifically designed learning management system, blended learning (on-site and online), customised webcasting of lectures and an app designed specifically to facilitate a student-centred approach and place control in your hands.
Read more about the MPL Project.
Have a course suggestion or want to lecture?
If there is a course you would like to see introduced or if you are interested in lecturing or tutoring on a diploma or certificate course, please contact Freda Grealy, Head of Diploma Centre, at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01 672 4802.
Winner, Service Provider to the Legal Profession, Irish Law Awards 2017
Winner, Best Postgraduate Prospectus, gradIreland Higher Education Awards 2017
Winner, Service Provider to the Legal Profession, Irish Law Awards 2016
Winner, Law School of the Year, Irish Law Awards 2013