Regulation Annual Operational Plan
Please see below for details of the Regulation Department Annual Operational Plan for 2021.
- We will develop and implement plans to adapt to changes arising from the Legal Services Regulation Act 2015, including informing the profession about, and supporting staff and members of regulatory committees through, such changes.
- We will warn about threats to the solicitors’ profession arising from cybercrime and other fraudulent activity.
- We will develop further measures to protect clients’ money and the Compensation Fund, including by recommending changes to the Solicitors Accounts Regulations.
- We will seek to apply generally accepted best practice in the implementation of anti-money laundering measures.
- We will implement measures designed to maintain stability in the professional indemnity insurance market.
- We will monitor developments in relation to Brexit actively and respond in relation to regulatory issues arising.
- We will support the development of further improvements to the user-interface for practising certificate applications.
- We will develop a proactive user-friendly regulatory service to support solicitors in addressing their regulatory obligations, including through contributing to CPD seminars.
- We will develop improved efficiency in recovery, storage and distribution of client files in distressed practice closure situations.
- We will support the development of improvements to the Law Society’s database and our case management systems.
- We will support data protection law compliance commensurate with the Law Society’s continuing regulatory responsibilities.