PPA Annual Operational Plan
See below for details of the Policy & Public Affairs Department Annual Operational Plan for 2021.
- We will engage in all relevant consultation processes with Government, State agencies and other policy-makers.
- We will build our relationships with Government Departments, the Oireachtas and MEPs through briefings, our Policy and Law Reform Newsletter and participation in Oireachtas hearings.
- We will continue to engage positively with the CCBE and participate in EU consultation and lobbying projects on justice and law reform related issues.
- We will monitor the websites of Government, State Departments and State Agencies to ensure that items of interest are brought to the attention of relevant Committees; We will support the Committees in providing timely and balanced contributions to policy and law reform debates.
- We will engage, on an ongoing basis, with elected representatives, key decision-makers and the Courts Service to continue to represent the views of the profession throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
- We will progress and complete the Seller Questionnaire and eContracts Project.
- We will progress priority actions in the Society’s AML programme; We will continue the Society’s engagement with the authorities on implementation of all relevant EU and FATF initiatives and we will issue guidance to the profession.
- We will continue to support the President and the Council in delivering their representation, policy and public affairs agenda.
- We will continue to build content on the Society’s Knowledge Management System for Society submissions, legal advices, policy positions and research.
- We will ensure compliance with the Society’s obligations under the Lobbying Act.
- We will provide a research and policy development resource for the Co-ordination Committee and the Council.
- We will continue to build alliances and relationships with professional bodies, civil society groups and public representatives to progress our law reform objectives.