Law Society Professional Training
170 Law Society Skillnet Members / Finuas Members
- To book online, click on the Book Now button.
- Bookings by post, download and complete the application form and return to Law Society Professional Training, Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place, Dublin 7.
- Download the Probate Practice Revisited brochure
Aim and Objectives
The aim of this seminar is to examine new developments in the core areas of probate and trust practice. The seminar will also provide a refresher master class for probate and trust practitioners in relation practice and procedure matters. The objective is to provide practitioners with a concise and essential overview of probate and trust practice in a ‘nutshell’ in addition to updating practitioners on the many recent developments and the implications for day-to-day client advice and practice.
A distinguished panel will address all questions and issues raised during these sessions.
Topics to be covered Include:
Complex Grants of Representation
- Grants to guardians
- Grants to attorney
- Pendite lite grants
- Grants ad colligenda
- Creditors grant
- De bonis non
- Sample titles
Avoiding Negligence in Will Drafting
- Drafting will trusts- A practical guide for avoiding negligence
- Various aspects of the use of discretionary trusts in estate planning
- Sample precedent will trusts a guide for practitioners
- Pitfalls in practice regarding foreign wills – how to ensure that an Irish will does not revoke a foreign will and vice versa
Transmissions of Death
- The implications of the Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act 2009 for the drafting of applications for registration in the Land Registry on the death of the registered owner dealing with such matters as life estates.
- How to draft deeds of assent in the following situations
- To ‘A’ for life remainder to ‘B’ (C & D being the trustees)?
- ‘X’ is left an exclusive right of residence in a house which has been left to ‘B’ & ‘C’. How do you proceed?
- Drafting inhibitions
- Applications to the Probate Office
- Caveat Citations
- Rival Applications
- Revocation of Grants
- Non-contentious list in the High Court – Applications to prove a will in term of a copy; Applications pursuant to Section 27(4) of the Succession Act 1965
CAT Reliefs and Exemptions
- Dwelling house Relief
- Agricultural Relief
- Business Relief
- Heritage Property Relief
- Dealing with Valuation Dates- which dates apply in particular situations
Nora Lillis, Solicitor, Chairman of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
Paula Fallon, Paula Fallon & Associates, Dublin
Susan O’Connell, O’Connell Brennan Solicitors, Dublin
John Murphy, Property Registration Authority, Dublin
Rita Considine BL, Law Library, Four Courts, Dublin
Ingrid O’Gorman, Ernst & Young, Dublin
2012 Outstanding Achievement Awards - Irish Institute of Training & Development - (IITD)
Most Innovative Use of Technology Category
Work Placement - Graduate and Non-Graduate Category
Awarded for excellence in training and development.