The Law Society is the educational, representative and regulatory body of the solicitors' profession in Ireland.
The Society deals with complaints from the public about members of the profession and aims to provide transparent and useful information to raise consumer awareness about legal services and consumer rights. See resources below.
- A new, dedicated website has been created to give consumers more information about different areas of law and the legal system. For details, visit www.lawinfo.ie
- Download publications on a range of legal topics in the Information Leaflets section.
- Access a number of reports published by the Society on public interest issues and human rights.
- For information on the Society's involvement in support of certain charitable endeavours, see Social Outreach.
- If you think you may have a complaint about a solicitor, find out what's involved in Making a Complaint.