Technology has brought exponential change, not only in our personal lives but also in professional practice in terms of how legal practice is managed, the software used and the legal issues confronting clients in business...
Application Form and Additional Information
How to apply
- To pay online, click on the Book Now button to the right of this page.
- To pay by cheque or EFT, please follow the payment instructions.
Technology has brought exponential change, not only in our personal lives but also in professional practice in terms of how legal practice is managed, the software used and the legal issues confronting clients in business. This course offers a detailed insight into the current framework of technology-related laws in Ireland, including intellectual property, paying particular attention to protection of the database and software. This course will expose practitioners to the latest trends in technology, including advising start-ups and the governing legal principles relating to emerging technologies. Criminal and civil liabilities will be explained, as will the enforcement of intellectual property and information technology rights. A module will focus on electronic contracting and ecommerce.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a complete competence and clear understanding of information technology laws, e-commerce and data protection principles and their applicability
- Recognise and appreciate the role and interrelatedness of intellectual property (including copyright, patents and trade mark protection), software and technology and will be in a position to advise clients accordingly
- Comprehend the applicable torts, such as defamation, and the rights and duties attaching to social media, blogging and internet usage
- Understand the fundamental legal issues pertaining to technology-related matters
- Have the confidence and ability to advise clients on enforcement and liability issues, including intellectual property infringements and defences, domain disputes, cyber-crime, data security breaches, e-discovery, the Irish courts and jurisdictional matters in litigation
To download further information on the course syllabus, programme structure, course lecturers, tutors and to whom the course will appeal, download the Diploma in Technology Law brochure.
If you have any further queries, we will be happy to help you - please contact the Diploma Team on email@example.com.
The Diploma Programme winner ‘Law School of the Year’ award
at the inaugural Irish Law Awards 2012